TMJ Therapy Offers Relief
TMJ disorder is painful and can have a wide array of symptoms. Although this painful condition affects millions of Americans each year, many people treat TMJ disorder as an annoyance with over-the-counter medicines. However, ignoring TMJ disorder commonly results in the worsening of the symptoms down to the impairment of your jaw function.
- Migraines or headaches
- Problem with opening and closing your mouth
- Chronic ringing of the ears (tinnitus) or ear aches
- Jaw popping or clicking when opening or closing your mouth
- Common discomfort around your temples, jaw, or the side of your face
- Random shoulder or neck pain that you cannot attribute to a certain injury.
If you are experiencing any or all of these symptoms, Dr. Fotek has the solution. Contact the Dental Healing Arts today for relief.
How We Approach TMJ Treatments
Unmanaged anxiety or stress, misaligned bites, degenerative disorders, and traumatic injuries can all contribute to the disruption of the delicate tendons, bones, cartilage, nerves, and/ or the muscles around the TMJs. During the routine dental check-up, Dr. Fotek checks the condition and function of your TMJs.