CEREC Same Day Dentistry - Jupiter, FL
CEREC combines 3-D digital imaging and computer-aided design and manufacturing technology (CAD-CAM). With this technology, your dental crown is designed and perfected digitally before it is created. Using the CEREC technology gives us the ability to fabricate a permanent crown restoration during your appointment! Gone are the days of gagging on the putty that drips down your throat only to leave the office in a temporary crown that constantly comes off!
No more scheduling 2 (or more) appointments for only one crown! With CEREC, we can complete your crown in a single appointment.
What is Cerec?
Ceramic Restoration (CEREC)
Chair side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or better know as CEREC is the newest and fastest way to have your crown placed. This procedure is done in our office by using a variety of computer assisted technologies, so you can have crowns, veneers, on-lays, and inlays done at the same dental visit.
Once your procedure is done, you will have a restoration that feels, functions, and looks like your natural tooth.
Advantages of Cerec
- The CEREC procedure will help you save time because your restoration is done in one visit rather than multiple visits to the dental office, usually in less than one hour.
- Stronger Material- the CEREC material is stronger than porcelain crowns.
- Aesthetics- CEREC restorations blend in very well with your natural teeth.
- Tooth Structure Conservation-with CEREC we are able to conserve more of your tooth structure. Sometimes instead of doing a full restoration we are able to perform a partial restoration.
- Better Xray Detection- we have a better view on X-rays with CEREC crowns than metal crowns; therefore, decay can be detected earlier.
- No need for the dentist to make an impression and send it to a lab.
The beauty of a CEREC restoration is just that — its beauty. Unlike unsightly silver dental fillings, CEREC fillings or restorations are made of tooth colored ceramic (porcelain) so they look natural. A CEREC procedure requires less time, less drilling and fewer injections, too. It might sound too good to be true, but if you doubt that such good-looking restorations can be made in just three easy steps, Dental Healing Arts will put some optimism back into those doubts.